Searching to Find: Improving Your Online Search Skills (Webinar)
The average knowledge worker spends up to 20 per cent of their time looking for information they can't find. That's one day a week of lost productivity for every employee in your organisation - time that could be spent reading, learning or generating value.
Improving your open source research skills is the easiest way to get ahead. While others are searching, you could be finding, reading, analysing, communicating and acting on the insights at hand. This webinar will show you how.
We will walk you through a series of tools and strategies to enhance your online research skills. We'll introduce you to the frameworks you can use to map the right keywords, construct the right queries, and harvest the right resources.
On completion of this webinar you will know how to:
- Map the keywords, search phrases and hashtags needed to harvest intelligence
- Use search operators to improve the quality and accuracy of your search results
- Use alternative search tools and search strategies to mine the surface, shallow and deep web
- Automate the search process
What You Receive
- A full set of slides in PDF
- Cheat sheets to accelerate your search skills
1 Day: 09:00 – 17:00 CET
- Access to a Windows or Mac-based laptop or PC
- Install Google's Chrome browser and Zoom
- You will be provided with a Zoom link on registration