Information Management: A Primer for Analysts (Webinar)
A cluttered desktop? Lost documents? A dozen different folders called "Other" or "Miscellaneous"? If these headaches sound familiar your problem is poor Information Management (IM). The problem is likely to be made worse by the lack of guidance on the organisational level. Indeed, your organisation's approach to IM is is pivotal to its operational efficiency.
This webinar will introduce the basics principles of IM. You will be shown how to label, tag and organise the documents you create, receive or download from the web. We'll also show you how to use simple metadata regimes to improve document findability on your laptop or across your network.
Information Management is the hallmark of an effective intelligence practice. This webinar will walk you through the skills and disciplines you should master to improve findability and knowledge sharing at work.
On completion of this webinar you will know how to:
- Apply the principles of document management
- Use simple naming conventions and metadata standards to improve document findability
- Develop and employ your own tagging standard
- Organise project files and folders, including for specific intelligence activities
What You Receive
- All course slides in PDF format
- An index of recommended metadata criteria that you can attach to your document templates
- An index of tags you can use to organise intelligence-related data from the web
- No previous knowledge required
- You will need a Windows or Mac-based laptop or PC