Asking Better Questions (Virtual Course)
The job of the analyst is to ask questions, not just answer them. The ability to surface, frame and analyse uncertainty is what sets a master analyst apart. Asking “How?”, “Why?” And “What if?” is key to improving reflection and analytic reasoning.
This webinar will walk you through a series of strategies and tools to improve your capacity for critical enquiry. We’ll show you how the right questions can can help you focus your attention, bolster creativity, and strengthen your relationships with key stakeholders. We’ll also give you guidance on how to help others overcome their reluctance to either ask questions or hazard an answer.
There will be separate iterations of this webinar for Asian, European and North American audiences. Please select the start time (SGT, CET or EST) that suits you best.
On completion of this webinar you will know how to:
- Assess and improve your ability to ask questions
- Use questions to improve problem finding and solving
- Use questions to spur creativity and analytic reasoning
- Encourage the surfacing of uncertainty at work
- Leverage the power of connective inquiry
What You Receive
- A full set of slides in PDF
- No previous knowledge required
- Access to a Windows or Mac-based laptop or PC
- Install Google's Chrome browser and Zoom
- Open a Google account if you do not have one already